Greater Dandenong. My Place. My Community - Art Competition
Are you a young creative? Do you enjoy painting, drawing or creating digital illustrations? Then be a part of the creative movement that shows how great our community is.
Submit your art into the Greater Dandenong. My Place. My Community Art Competition. Using painting, drawing or digital illustration, show us:
- What you love about your community
- What is special about your community
- What connects you to community
- Aged 12-25 years
- Live, study, work or have significant connection to the City of Greater Dandenong
- Entries must be original
- Entries must be either a drawing, painting or digital illustration
- Visually depict the theme of your connection to community
- One entry per person
- Observe the Terms and Conditions
- Submissions Open – Monday 4 May 2020
- Submissions Close – Friday 7 August 2020
- Voting for People's Choice Award (via Facebook) - Wednesday 26 August 2020
- Winners Announcement – Friday 18 September 2020
- Adherence to theme and responding to questions related to theme
- Technique and skill
- Creativity and originality
- Relevance to the City of Greater Dandenong
- 12-15 years
- 16-19 years
- 20-25 years
There will be a 1st and 2nd winner in each age category. All mediums will be judged together as part of an age category.
A ‘People’s Choice Award’ will be awarded. Voting for this will be conducted through the Greater Dandenong Youth Services Facebook page.
Please follow us on social media for more details.
Prizes to be announced soon.
How can I enter?
Artwork must be submitted online through the Youth Services website.
To enter the competition, you must:
Read the Terms and Conditions carefully and ensure your artwork complies before submitting.
Complete the entry form online and attached an image of your artwork. Make sure you keep your original artwork as it may be included as part of an exhibition.
If you have any issues with submitting your artwork online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For painting or drawing, you must submit a photograph of your work (JPEG, min. 500KB max 5MB). Please note that you must keep your original artwork for potential further use.
For digital illustration, you must provide us with a digital format (JPEG, min. 500KB max 5MB).
To find out more:
For further information, please contact Youth and Family Services on:
The 'Greater Dandenong. My Place. My Community' Art Competition is delivered in partnership with the Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre and Connection Arts Space.