Greater Dandenong Youth Network (GDYN)
The Greater Dandenong Youth Network (GDYN) provides the opportunity for local government, youth related services, agencies, education providers and faith based organisations to meet bi-monthly to:
- share information
- provide collegiate support
- access professional development opportunities
- identify issues affecting young people, their families and service providers.
The GDYN also facilitates:
- development of partnerships and collaboration
- information and resource sharing
- discussion and co-ordination of funding
- improving services, networking, cooperation, coordination and integration of youth agency programs.
- Opportunities for advocacy together with or on behalf of young people and to provide formal feedback on regional youth issues to government
For more information download the GDYN Terms of Reference (PDF - 144KB).
If you would like to be part of the GDYN, please complete an online membership form.
Alternatively, you can contact Kylie Wilmot on 9793 2155 or email email@example.com
GDYN meetings are held every second month, alternating between Wednesdays and Thurdays. Meetings run from 9.30am-11.30am.
Meeting dates for 2020
Thursday 13 February - Youth Education and Employment Pathways
Wednesday 15 April – Racism and Discrimination
Thursday 11 June – topic to be advised
Wednesday 12 August – topic to be advised
Thursday 8 October – Youth Mental Health
Wednesday 25 November – Celebrating Young People in Greater Dandenong & Year in Review
Meeting Minutes for 2019
Thursday 7 February - Understanding the Youth Sector in Greater Dandenong (PDF - 808KB)
Wednesday 3 April - Young people, Alcohol and Other Drugs (PDF - 539KB)
Thursday 6 June - Homelessness and Material Aid (PDF - 335KB)
Wednesday 7 August - Bringing together the Youth and Education Sectors: working collaboratively to support young people (PDF - 486KB)
Thursday 10 October - Youth Mental Health (PDF - 386KB)
Wednesday 4 December - Youth United Against Family Violence, End of Year Review and Evaluation (PDF - 334KB)