Impact Volunteer Program
Our volunteering programs aim to expose young people between the ages of 16-25 years to the variety of volunteer opportunities available in the City of Greater Dandenong and beyond.
Impact Volunteer allows young people to:
- Gain introductory hands on volunteering experience in their community
- Connect with volunteer opportunities that match your interests and passion.
- Build teamwork and communication skills
Three hands on volunteer opportunities will be available in 2020:
- Environment and Sustainability - Impact Volunteering is set to provide young people aged 16-25 years with a hands-on environment and sustainability volunteer experience on 30-31 March.
- Community Services - Impact Volunteering is set to provide young people aged 16-25 years with a hands-on volunteer experience with a local community service organisation, during the June school holidays.
- Health Services - Impact Volunteering is set to provide young people aged 18-25 years with a hands-on volunteer experience with a local health services organisation, during the September school holidays.
COVID-19 Outbreak Update
In response to the current COVID-19 outbreak, Youth Services has cancelled all face-to-face programs and activities.
The Impact Volunteering program has therefore been postponed until further notice. Youth Services staff will be in touch with all applicants to keep you informed about when the program will be running, for those of you interested in participating in the program we still encourage you to register below.
In the interim Youth and Family Services, in partnership with Greater Dandenong Volunteer Resource Centre (GDVRS), will be launching a social media volunteering campaign during National Volunteer Week (18-24 May). We will be sharing some cool tips, resources and media content to promote volunteering within the City of Greater Dandenong.
Volunteering resourcesFact sheet: Volunteering: A pathway to employment
To find out more about volunteering in your community, contact:Greater Dandenong Volunteer Resource Service
Phone: 9562 0414
Greater Dandenong Council Volunteer Program
Phone: 8571 5335
Find out more and get involved
For further information contact Youth and Family Services:
Phone: 9793 2155
In person: 39 Clow Street, Dandenong